Hi from California!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuzu

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I go by Zuzu online, and I'm new to mantis keeping! Some years ago I caught and kept two mantises here in California, which is where my avatar comes from. I'll probably post the rest of the photos I have of them in another part of the forum (which includes some cool threat display pics). I wasn't serious when it came to mantis keeping then and didn't really know anything. Now I'm learning a lot, and can't wait to keep my first new mantis!

I was planning on getting an orchid, but since they seem to be impossible to find right now I have decided to go for a giant Asian, since I'm a fan of the larger species.

My terrarium I ordered is on the way, along with the decor I bought that should ship soon. I can't wait to set it up and show you guys! I will probably need some help/advice changing out the screen top for a safer screen, though.

Aside from my future mantis keeping, I also keep a bearded dragon and a betta. :)

I look forward to talking to a learning from you all!

Welcome fellow Californian! I also found my first mantis locally, and he got me into the hobby. You'll love your giant asian, big and great to handle. 

Welcome fellow Californian! I also found my first mantis locally, and he got me into the hobby. You'll love your giant asian, big and great to handle. 
Thank you! I didn't even realized it was an actual thing until I was at a reptile expo a few months ago and a booth was selling ootheca! Since then it's been in the back of my mind, and I've finally decided to get started. I also have a starter kit on the way in case I end up with a nymph. Really can't wait for my equipment to arrive so I can order the giant asian!

Heyas and welcome. Glad to have you with us. Lot's of nice ppl here.

Bettas  hmmm   used to breed and raise double tail high fin Bettas.

Actually after 4 months of keeping ghosts, I feel they are definitely easier to handle than fish. At least they pay attention more than fish did, LOL 

Latest posts