Hi from Central Florida!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeak

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Candace, but I go by Squeak. I've been a fan of mantids for years, but I joined these forums recently looking to research them a bit more. I'm really interested in bringing an Orchid Mantis into my home, but I didn't know the first place to start to even find one, or a viable housing method for them. So, here I am!

Welcome! Any chance you live near the Lake Wales Ridge area and can find some Floridobolus?

Haha Lake Wales Ridge is way south of me. I've seen a few of the buggers around in my lifetime but never actually thought of catching them, sorry!

Welcome! I would not recommend starting with orchids as they are a more advanced species.

Thank you for the advice! However I've done quite a bit of research as to how to properly care for an Orchid, I don't plan to start with a very young nymph, because as you said, they are a complex species and I wouldn't wish to cause a growth mistake in its younger stages at all, however, Orchids are the species I am most drawn to currently, I couldn't see myself wanting to house any other species.

As for the nickname, I've had a higher pitch of voice since I was a kid, and that's when I got the name. It's stuck since then.

Latest posts