Hi, I could do with some help..

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marmalade

Reaction score
I have an old budwing mantis called mantie, she molted three days ago and I think shes fallen dueing her molt, she is now badly diformed her wings are bent and she can't stand, she's drinking but not eating. I don't want to euthanize her but I cant stand to see her stressed. I need to know the best way to put her down without squashing, chopping, drowning, decapitating. As there the only answers on google and I dont want to cause anymore pain for her.

Any ideas would help

Any experiences also would help.

Thank you

Do you have any thing that can eat her. Complete the food chain. Chameleons work best. She will never know what hit her.

Yeah I thought about the freezer, I've just made her eat and she ate two crickets then tried moving and fluttering her wings. If I put some pics up will you be able to tell me what's best for her, I don't want to put her down incase she has a chance but if she's in pain it's not worth it for her. How do I go about putting pics up?

I would gently place her in a plastic bag and put her in the freezer. She will just slow down, stop moving, and go into her hibernative state — no pain. She lived a good life!

I personally don't like the freezer method. I think simply squishing them to be quicker and more humane. It's harder to do though emotionally.

I personally don't like the freezer method. I think simply squishing them to be quicker and more humane. It's harder to do though emotionally.
I have my brother do it, he either squishes or decapitates it.

Don't get me wrong my bro's not a freak, he doesn't like it either, but he understands i cant do it.

I would have squish, OP.

+1 on food chain...

2nd choice freezer.

3rd choice car tire or rubber mallet

it is normal to get a bit attached...it is equally normal to get over it...room for something new.

Latest posts