Hi I'm Beastly

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beastly

Reaction score
So I'm 26 and I'm a very tall security guard, I work Hospitals by day and clubs at night. I recently purchased my first mantid and knew getting on this forum could help me a lot, especially because I got myself an Idolomantis Diabolica t2 and have never cared for a mantid before. I am very excited about my new adventure and want to thank you for accepting me and helping me learn about these amazing creatures. 20190426_185220.jpg20190426_185214.jpg

Hey @Beastly!

Thanks for joining us, and welcome. 

You chose one of the more difficult species to keep and rear to maturity as your first species, but here we are. 😂

We're here to help with what we can. I'm hoping to try idolos soon.

Cheers!

This topic: 

Welcome! Good luck with your idolo, that is probably the hardest species in captivity to raise.

- MantisGirl13

Hey @Beastly!

Thanks for joining us, and welcome. 

You chose one of the more difficult species to keep and rear to maturity as your first species, but here we are. 😂

We're here to help with what we can. I'm hoping to try idolos soon.

Cheers!

This topic: 
I loved this! Had a lot of great info and tips that should help me a lot. I used to breed Chameleons and my brother has Tarantulas and Snakes so I'm not new to difficult pets, however I am new to mantids and do fully understand and appreciate the concern for me picking up a more difficult species.

Welcome! I am currently raising two Idolos myself (probably from the same breeder even)! Awesome creatures!

Just an FYI, mine are now at their fourth instar, and they are becoming more and more skittish. Your mileage may vary, but mine are kind of spazzes now and once they decide they want to go somewhere or are scared, they just go. Whether it be jumping, running, diematic displays, or all of the above, they just aren't the same worry-free nymphs as when I had them at I2. The worst tumble I've had was about four feet onto shag carpet and he was just fine, but it made my heart jump through my throat the first time it happens. I'm curious of the demeanor of yours when it gets older!

Welcome! I am currently raising two Idolos myself (probably from the same breeder even)! Awesome creatures!

Just an FYI, mine are now at their fourth instar, and they are becoming more and more skittish. Your mileage may vary, but mine are kind of spazzes now and once they decide they want to go somewhere or are scared, they just go. Whether it be jumping, running, diematic displays, or all of the above, they just aren't the same worry-free nymphs as when I had them at I2. The worst tumble I've had was about four feet onto shag carpet and he was just fine, but it made my heart jump through my throat the first time it happens. I'm curious of the demeanor of yours when it gets 
That's good to know, I'll try to let you know how mine ends up

Latest posts