Hi Mantidforum. I'm Faust and I'm new.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Faust

Reaction score
Hi forum, 

I am a 26 year old mantiskeeper from Denmark, and I joined this forum to acquire knowledge on keeping matids on a more advanced level, than what many websites and groups seems to deliver. 
Another thing is exchanging tips and tricks acquired by experience. I am in no way an expert, though quick on picking up knowledge and putting it to use. 

I currently keep two species (newly adult H. membrenacea GIant Asian mantis, and a P. paradoxa Ghost mantis.) I was about to write 3, but sadly I euthanised my L2 H. orientalis Grant African Stick mantis recently, after it was unable to molt. Another reason why I signed up for the forum, to prevent future blows like that experience. 

I keep other animals than the mantids, those being three reptiles. A Western Hognose snake, a Brazilian Rainbow boa and a Crested gecko. I also keep a dwarf desert scorpion (Orthichirus innesi), which I basically know nothing about and is hard to find information regarding. I believe it is found in Israel. I personally find it very cute. 

Other interests span wide, starting with automotives from a young age, to music, creative writing, arts and art history, classic literature, my rumination caused me to take interest in psychiatry and went from that to psychology, to human behavioural biology, to biology in general once I figured myself out. I got a Giant African Land snail and one year and 28 animals cared for later, here I am. 

I hope to study Biology at the University of Copenhagen, starting August 2021. 

It is nice to be here. 

Sincerly, 

Faust 

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum! Share some pics!

- MantisGirl13 

Heres is the latest photo of my newly adult Giant Asian. 
She mismolted, fell down and is now hardening on hour 39 with a broken thorax, and all her hind legs bent the wrong way at one point. 

I was writing a page-long thread about diagnosing the problem, until I found out I nudged the table and there was nothing to absorb the shock. 

She looks good, and it is of course my hope, she will make it. 

_MG_2515.JPG

I hope she makes it! Her wings are pretty and she looks good.
For a mismolt that bad, and as nerve-wrecking the process of making her attach to something was (I had just woken up, no pants, no breakfast, no coffee) she looks very good. 
Here's two shots, one before the wings unfolded, and one where the unfolding is in process. 

IMG_20200210_083238.jpg _MG_2509.JPG

Latest posts