Hi, new here and to mantids in general

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetfire

Reaction score
Hey, what's up. I'm more of a gecko guy , breeding multiple species. Got a couple turtles, a tortoise, and my girlfriend's got her amphibians. Kids have a pair of Western Hognose and a male Panther Chameleon.

I used to have a decent collection of tarantulas, before a move forced me to sell everything that had more than 4 legs. Fast forward a couple years, and I started getting slowly building a new collection. It started with a Arizona giant hairy scorpion, then a Rusty Thicktail scorpion (B jacksoni).

Then I stumbled across an ad on Craigslist, for various species of mantids. Started with a duo of ghost mantids, which have molted for me twice now. Then I went to a local Repticon show, and found an Orchid mantis at a KILLER deal, and the vendor tossed in a pair of baby Budwings to sweeten the deal (we've worked together in the past. She's the source of my ghosts, and she's got geckos and equipment from me in the past). All the mantids are currently inhabiting quart deli cups, except for the ghosts, who are sharing a larger enclosure.

I'm a relative rookie in anything with an exoskeleton, most of my experience is from when I had T's. I'm sure I'll be asking questions from time to time, as events warrant.

Hello and welcome to the forum
welcome.gif

Seems like you have a wide variety of pets. As you found there are many other members here who keep about everything you have as well. The only thing I haven't saw on the forum from your list is for turtles or a tortoise. Although I imagine if you start a thread there will be someone who posts photos of theirs too. ;)

I live in Summerville, the nicer of the various suburbs around Charleston, SC

Latest posts