Hi there I'm danny

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi I am Danny I have alot of critters in my life and bug's/insects have been a part of my life always, and I have parrots, cresties, & leopard geckos, beardies, & roaches, a dog, tarantulas.

No mantises right now still looking for some, also looking for large land snails the type that they use for making caviar, does any one know what kind of snail that is that I am looking form it was on Bizarre foods/Andrew Zimmern - Paris France anything anyone?.

Hi I am Danny I have alot of critters in my life and bug's/insects have been a part of my life always, and I have parrots, cresties, & leopard geckos, beardies, & roaches, a dog, tarantulas.No mantises right now still looking for some, also looking for large land snails the type that they use for making caviar, does any one know what kind of snail that is that I am looking form it was on Bizarre foods/Andrew Zimmern - Paris France anything anyone?.
Welcome from Yuma, Danny. I think that what you're talking about is "escargot," the European land snail, Helix aspersa. Caviar is the roe of the sturgeon or similar fish.

And if you sometimes keep frogs, "cuisses de grenouille" are another French treat. :lol:

Welcome from Yuma, Danny. I think that what you're talking about is "escargot," the European land snail, Helix aspersa. Caviar is the roe of the sturgeon or similar fish.And if you sometimes keep frogs, "cuisses de grenouille" are another French treat. :lol:
;) Yes caviar comes from sturgeon, white fish and on like that, but the french are now growing snails for caviar I think thats just to kool. :lol:

hiaare you planning on eating the snail eggs or hatching them :huh:
Well I was'nt going to eat them, but there egg's are a new kind of caviar that the french are making is cool they are as big as my fist, and they arnt the africa's giant snail. <_<

note the snails might be Helix Aspersa Maxima it's a large rarer garden snail maybe :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts