Hi there, just a novice from Ohio checking in

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elise Wagner

Reaction score
Hi I have owned my fair share of insects, amphibians, crustaceans, birds, and rodents

Chinese Mantid's currently have two ootheca's from my last female as well as 1 wild gathered ootheca's

Previously had in middle school (2003-2005) Giant Walking Stick- ACROPHYLLA WUELFINGI given to me from a local college here in Sylvania, Ohio located in the north-northwest Ohio area right off of lake Erie.   I only had 3 of them and all we're female, which stunk because obviously they never bred. And now wish I had more, they are extremely hard to track down because of them being exotic, as of now I have yet to find a source to get a few again.

Anything from hamsters to rats and hedgehogs

Crayfish to red-claw and fiddler crabs

Monarchs butterflies and cecropia moths

African clawed frogs (9 total so far, five at once together) and a fire-bellied newt

Thanks for reading!!

-Elise

Welcome to the forum! You certainly have experience with keeping exotic animals, if not mantids specifically!

- MantisGirl13

Welcome @Elise Wagner you’ll find lots of helpful people here. My aunt had a hedgehog too!!!🦔🦔🦔

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts