Hi!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gotchea

Reaction score
My name is Christina, I am 27 from the Bay Area. I have been interested in keeping mantises for awhile now but have been too scared/nervous. They seem so delicate. I am here trying to get more information on caring for these little creatures. Hopefully I’ll feel confident enough to get one  in 2019. :]

Welcome, @Gotchea!

This is the place for mantids.   #1.

Don't be apprehensive about keeping mantids. They're fairly straight-forward.

There's lot's of information here, and people are very welcoming and willing to help.

✌️

Last edited by a moderator:
Mantis Fever, Mantis Virus....

It all comes down to the same thing.

We're all afflicted. Such wonderful animals.

Im up to seven now, and it hasn't been all that long. Maybe a few months. LOL.

Welcome @Gotchea, you’ll soon find that mantids are amazing pets to have. There’s no reason to be nervous.

1. There’s plenty of people here that can help you out with any questions you may have.

2.  Mantids are pretty easy to take care of with the right temperature, humidity, and feeding time you’ll find them fun pets.

3. For goodness sake it’s mantis they  have different colors, diffferent sizes, different shapes, and are pretty cool if you ask me 😎

Welcome! Don't be nervous, they're not all as delicate as they look! The  great folks in the forum can help you choose a hardy mantis to start with... then you may get hooked. 😁

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been interested in keeping mantises for awhile now but have been too scared/nervous.
Welcome :)

Don't be scared/nervous to keep them. They are fascinating insects. You can always ask questions. I started with a hierodula membranacea (a good big starter species) because of her I got the mantisvirus.😁

Good luck on choosing your first mantis in 2019

Welcome! This is the best community out there for mantids, we are all happy to answer any questions you have to ease your apprehensions! They are majestic little creatures if you ask me. Sometimes I feel like it's regarding me with the same fascination I have for him/her! No need to worry, they are straightforward, harmless, and beautiful! One of the best pets out there!

Latest posts