Hi

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mellie mantis

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I never did introduce myself when I first stumbled upon your forum in a panic. I am brand new to insect keeping having started only in march on a whim. Hubs and I went to an aquarium and reptile show and while there we first met the orchid mantises and phasmes-jungle nymphes. I was immediately enchanted after having been scared and disgusted by insects my whole life. Ended up going home with a pair of orchid mantises and a pair of jungle nymphes. They're all so amazing , that they've totally changed my relationship to insects. I guess that just shows how much of our fears are just fears of what we don't know. Because once I got to know them I came to love them. AMAZING creates, am I right? Anyway, so thankful that this forum exists as I've had a couple of scares with my girl and had no idea what to do. Thanks to all who share their wealth of experience and knowledge.

Hi everyone,
I never did introduce myself when I first stumbled upon your forum in a panic. I am brand new to insect keeping having started only in march on a whim. Hubs and I went to an aquarium and reptile show and while there we first met the orchid mantises and phasmes-jungle nymphes. I was immediately enchanted after having been scared and disgusted by insects my whole life. Ended up going home with a pair of orchid mantises and a pair of jungle nymphes. They're all so amazing , that they've totally changed my relationship to insects. I guess that just shows how much of our fears are just fears of what we don't know. Because once I got to know them I came to love them. AMAZING creates, am I right? Anyway, so thankful that this forum exists as I've had a couple of scares with my girl and had no idea what to do. Thanks to all who share their wealth of experience and knowledge.
Hi Mellie!! Welcome to the forum! I’d love to see some photos of your orchids & jungle nymphs is you have any.

I have tons LOL! i could overwhelm you. I have to head out in a few but when i'm back i'll try to connect form my phone so i can post them here :) thanks for being interested :)

Latest posts