hie im new in this. need help identifyin.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

efan

Reaction score
hi can anione tell me what specie is this?

1-1.jpg

3.jpg

2-1.jpg

and also,ive been keeping it for almost a week now and it onli hunts and eats by itself on the 1st 2 daes.. now i have to hand feed it (superworms).. does that indicate any problem with my mantis? isit a full grown adult? male/female?

thnx in advance. cheers.

Looks like adult female to me. I'm not sure what the species is... maybe some kind of stamomantis? How did you get her?

it juz got into my ro0m one morning haha. i assume it flew into my ro0m cuz i live on the 7th flo0r.

im from singapore. thhings like these are never to be found in petshops here. lol.

im from singapore. thhings like these are never to be found in petshops here. lol.
Oh awesome. Hmm, so it's probably a native species unless somebody did something naughty. I don't know species all that well... so somebody else wanna help?

Hmmm. It LOOKS like a Hierodula species. Some I have here sent to me as Rhombodera crassa look very similar. Do you agree Christian ?

Hi.

I'm somewhat confused with these ones. I tried several papers and also a Google search :oops: , but I cannot ID them properly. The specimen sent to me by Yen Saw seemed to be Rhombodera crassa. However, the pair you sent me resembles Hierodula patellifera in most characters, except the more numerous and smaller callous spots on the fore-coxae. As Hierodula patellifera is very variable (and probably identical with H. bipapilla), I am not sure about whether your stock is just a variation of H. patellifera or indeed another species. I tend to another species, but I did not find it yet. Maybe it was described subsequently. There are no newer keys for Hierodula. I cannot see the coxae of efan's specimen, so a better photo of the fore-coxae would be desireable. Concerning your stock, Rob, please use H. cf. patellifera until I know more.

Regards,

Christian

Ok.

Efan's specimen is Hierodula patellifera. I have to figure out now what species is in stock over here.

Regards,

Christian

she's from the wild. laid eggs exactly a week after ive caught her. not sure if she's mated b4 i caught her. :?

Latest posts