Hierodula membranacea and Locusts

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They sure can. Most mantid species can eat locusts, depending on their size.

You can checkout my gallery, www.insectstore.com/gallery to see a female miomantis takcling a sub adult locust, which was bigger than her!

Thanks, I only ask because the mantis likes to sit at the top of her tank, I can hand feed her crickets but when I leave them in they only seem to like to run around the bottom and she rarely catches them by herself. I tried giving her a locust once and it stayed in the tank for days. The mantis has since shed her skin however and I was wondering if she might like another go at locusts

my african once adult took a few locust, locusts are much more laid back compared to crickets and do tend to climb

I got some locusts, do you reckon I can feed them spuds and the same kind of things I feed the crickets?

I got some locusts, do you reckon I can feed them spuds and the same kind of things I feed the crickets?
Don't think it would work to well. Maybe some leafy greens.

Thanks, well I fed them some bits of chopped up potato before I read your response and they seem to be eating it. Would you reccommend stuff like celery and letuce then?

Latest posts