Hierodula Membranacea or Sphodromantis lineola

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceWolf

Reaction score
What are the differences, why should I keep 1 or the other. I'm looking to buy a big active mantis, if you have other recommendations I will gladly look into them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The differences are miniscule. Care is the same for both and in terms of looks it's hard to even tell them apart.

If you want a really big species you could look into Plistospilota guineensis.

Last edited by a moderator:
The differences are miniscule. Care is the same for both and in terms of looks it's hard to even tell them apart.

If you want a really big species you could look into Plistospilota guineensis.
Couldn't agree more

hmm I kinda like the asian just a bit more because he's more of a bright green than the african. What do you think of a dead leaf mantis? I think these are a bit smaller but still pretty big, I don't know if they are active hunters though.

hmm I kinda like the asian just a bit more because he's more of a bright green than the african. What do you think of a dead leaf mantis? I think these are a bit smaller but still pretty big, I don't know if they are active hunters though.
I would pick an Asian over an African if I had the choice... I'm about to recieve a dead leaf this afternoon so ill let you know how they eat

I would pick an Asian over an African if I had the choice... I'm about to recieve a dead leaf this afternoon so ill let you know how they eat
Yeah, that's what I thought too, and awesome! Hope he/she thrives!

Latest posts