Hierodula venosa

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonypace2009

Reaction score
This is one of my hierodula venosa mantis  playing dead. She deserves an Oscar for this act.

t. H.venosa #6 playing dead.JPG       H.venosa enclosure round #6 large  mantid.JPG

My H. Venosa's do this as well! :)  Especially when i remove the lid from the enclosure and they are on it or i put them on the yucca for some free-roam time and they see me walk by; they will dart under the leaf and lay flat. LOL. They are quite the characters at times!  :p

I love them and all Hierodula! Some have a heart of fire like a Klingon warrior, others are good extremely shy.

This is the only time I got this one to stay still long enough for a picture. She is usually trying to get to my iPhone  or my hand. My other one is the shy one. The both are agresive hunters they will chase down moths very quickly. Except prior to a molt.

My H. Venosa does this too! Same as you guys said, when I open her enclosure and she's on the lid, she will lie flat. Lol. I love her so much. Should have got mantises a long time ago. Can't imagine my life without them now and I don't see a time I wouldn't have them for the rest of my life when at all possible.

Latest posts