• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hierodula vitrea ("Luzon Island Rose") nymphs for sale

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jseng

Reaction score
Hi again,

Thanks to all who responded to my previous ad! I still have a few rare L2 Hierodula nymphs available for sale or trade. The mother of the nymphs I have was collected in Luzon Island in the Phillipines. The nymphs currently range from rust-red to blue-green in color, but their mother was a lovely rose red, and I have been told that color is especially typical for (at least the females of this species) to become at maturity (though some are more pink to orange than red), hence the common name Hierodula sp. " Luzon Island Rose". I should mention that these are NOT the more common pink Hierodula membranecea or pink "Golden" Hierodula venosa that you will see from time to time. In fact, this is a pretty new species to the hobby, just described as Hierodula vitrea (to find pictures of the adults, you can also search for "Hierodula sp. Sumatra"), and you can experience it for $12 per nymph, or 10+ for $10 each!!

TERMS OF SERVICE

Given the extremely cold weather, I must insist that we use USPS express mail shipping, which will come out to $40. However, this extra cost is well worth it IMO, as it covers the price of an insulated box, as many 72-hour heat packs as the weather requires (I use the longer lasting heat packs in case your package gets delayed, which is not uncommon around Christmas time), and a Live Arrival Guarantee from me for the cost of any animals you purchase (though shipping costs are non-refundable, and the LAG is only valid if someone signs for your package on the first delivery attempt, and DOAs are reported to me within 24 hours of receipt). Given all the extra work and risk involved in winter shipping, not to mention that I would prefer to sell breeding groups so we can establish this species in the US hobby, I have a minimal purchase requirement of 3 nymphs. 

Anyway, please let me know if you're interested or have any questions/concerns. Stay warm, folks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts