Honey for mantises

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok seriously, Sinder amended DIRECTLY BELOW the original post they made, that they DID NOT write it and cited the link from where it came from.... Pay attention folks.... No plagiarism going on here. It's not stolen if it's shared and credit is given......

Huge clue for me even before they amended the post was the font.......... This is not the font found here when you just type your post...

All over honey? *boggle

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere ( I believe it was a mantid forum based in the UK) that some mantid owners had bad experiences with giving honey to their mantids. Anyone know why? I really would like to give honey to my mantids! Is there any particular type of honey people give? I have an organic honey from India (Trader Joe's) and manuka honey. ( New Zealand)

Very interesting and useful information,doctor.I will keep that in mind in case I have to face an emergency like that. that being said, how does one determine mantis age to human years? Would it be like ten human years to one month of mantis age?
7.8 years for each month.

I just fed my spiny flower and my giant shields a bit of honey to try it out. My shield is a large nymph at the moment but he got a taste and that was it lol he smashed his face in it and went absolutely nuts when he finished running so fast i almost squished him trying to catch him.now hes tasting everything in the tank looking for more. Its like catnip for mantises in my case

Latest posts