Honey - Yes. Olive Oil - No,

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing dangerous. She just licked some off my finger and you could just tell she was not happy. I was just interested to see if she'd take to it. It's pretty inert, as natural as oils come and might help her arteries in her old age ( :unsure: ). Doesn't appear to have harmed her.

Oh man I'm picturing her yelling and cussing you out. "This is NOT honey! What were you thinking Digger? I demand only the BEST and SWEETEST honey this side of NEPTUNE! DONT let this happen again or SO HELP ME I will naw on your finger for the 4 HOURS it will take to eat through it!" lol

Oh man I'm picturing her yelling and cussing you out. "This is NOT honey! What were you thinking Digger? I demand only the BEST and SWEETEST honey this side of NEPTUNE! DONT let this happen again or SO HELP ME I will naw on your finger for the 4 HOURS it will take to eat through it!" lol
Ha! :)

...maybe the oo will help and you found a new remedy! ^-^

Maybe whip up honey and olive oil and make a paste of sorts and see if she likes that. The fat and sugar might help sustain life if she stops eating. :D

I just whipped up some honey, egg whites, and olive oil(no less than extra virgin for my mantids). My test subject, a giant Asian adult, love it. She won't stop eating it off the q-tip. I wonder if you could sustain one off of it for long periods?

BXLVV.jpg

Been at it for the last 5 minutes or so.

Lol...start adding weight to the other end and see how strong she can hold... (not to sound cruel, but I hopr u kno what I mean)...they can hold a lot!

Latest posts