Honey - Yes. Olive Oil - No,

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If mantids eat almost anything as long as honey is the predominant taste... I wonder if we really could have them live off of some honey + nutrient paste...

Science experiment, anyone?

I'm all for experimenting with in reason, keep in mind a mantis would probably eat a honey coated rat poison pellet but that doesn't mean you should try it. Orange juice is very acidic and not close to anything they would eat in the wild, it could be the equivalent of us drinking car battery acid so be careful on what you try. Word to the wise, don't use your favorite mantis when experimenting on the edge... :fortuneteller:

My God! I've created a bunch of Dr. Frankensteins! Oh the humanity! (Oh the humantisy).

Caviar yes; Spam; unthinkable.

My unckle gave his milk and his grew big and healthy. I gave it to Sticky and others and it did them no harm. I gave mine milk last night and they all like it.

It's a pain to move! I can't find my beepollen and morter/pestle. I know that is always ok for mantids! I think there is one guy who does not like it but everyone else gobbled it up.

I just gave some honey to my ghosts, Smith and Wesson... Wesson was voracious about it and licked the tip of the skewer clean. Smith... well, Smith still isn't really eating. :( He did put his foot in it a few times and then cleaned his foot but nothing more. At least he got something in his belly... even if it was toe-jam-honey.

BXLVV.jpg

Been at it for the last 5 minutes or so.
Egg whites...? Are those really okay for mantids? (Not to doubt you or anything, but I've never heard of that...)

egg yolk- yes urine-no

brain matter- yes fecal matter- no

tomato soup (a favorite among creobroters)- yes baked beans- no
Tomato Soup? I've never heard of that either.

Maybe it's time for a couple of us to move to New York City and open up a mantid and owner restaurant.

(They have one for dogs and owners in Kansas City, MO... "The Three Dogs Bakery": http://www.threedog.com/?gclid=CPXI7cSrwbUCFcR7QgodhA4A0w. You can practicaly make any shop in NYC. "Get-rich-quick plan" anyone? :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
Egg whites...? Are those really okay for mantids? (Not to doubt you or anything, but I've never heard of that...)
Yes I am curious too! I use to down straight egg whites and the chances of getting

Salmonella poisoning is slim but still it makes you wonder what kind of effect it would take on a mantis.

Salmonella anyone?

Menudo-Yes Hot Sause-No

Latest posts