Honey

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried offering some royal jelly in a honey base to H. coronatus. It is strange that I didn't even get it close to their mouths before they sensed the sweets and went after it. I can get them to walk quite a distance for it. lol

I have never had another mantis that was that crazy about it. It is like they can smell it or something. :D

I wonder if they find the nectar inside some flowers in the wild.

i just gave my orchid honey! loved it! i dipped the fruit fly in honey too, alice thought that was awesome!!

Apparently my mantises are broken. None of my crew liked the honey I offered for a little Thanksgiving treat. In fact, I can't remember any of the mantises I've offered honey to being thrilled. Most seem to just tolerate it in the sense they need to clean it off their mandibles and the easiest way to do that is eat it.

Apparently my mantises are broken. None of my crew liked the honey I offered for a little Thanksgiving treat. In fact, I can't remember any of the mantises I've offered honey to being thrilled. Most seem to just tolerate it in the sense they need to clean it off their mandibles and the easiest way to do that is eat it.
I gave my adult female madagascan marbled some honey yesterday and she loved it. She actually grabbed the toothpick when I tried to pull it away :p

Latest posts