Hope died

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessie

Reaction score
She mismolted found her at the bottom of the cage, she had 3 legs bent in an angle. And only could crawl pulling herself by one rapture. I had to put her in the freezer, it was a really hard choice but I couldn't stand to see her suffer. I got bashed at by a couple mantis owners, i don't know what the heck people wanted me to do. Let her suffer? She couldn't even hardly use her legs. I try to do the right thing yet i am a killer. Sorry that i didn't leave her to suffer just to keep her alive geeze!

:(

pm sent.

I assume you are getting grief from ppl on facebook or like sites. I would be surprised if that didn't happen there. Frankly, I try to stay away from facebook. Just not my taste in places to discuss much in a logical sane manner. Sometimes but not very often. As far as giving grief why even consider them?

Did you do what YOU feel was best for the situation? Then what does it matter at all what anyone else thinks??!! Why put your self thru this hassle?

@Jessie It's one of the unavoidable parts of the hobby. You have to do what you think is right and in the best interest of the animal you're caring for. 

Whoever would say such awful things to you is obviously not well informed on the issue. It's your moral call and your decision, and you did the right thing, Jessie. Like any pet, some disasters are inevitable, and it infuriates me that anyone would call you out for being a responsible owner.

Rest in peace, Hope. You are sorely missed.

@GingerC she couldnt evem crawl she used one rapture to drag her body practicly. I bawled my eyes out before doing it. She died in my hand. I kept my hand in the freezer her on it until she fell asleep.

You did the right thing. Don't get too upset, stay in this hobby and it will happen again. I've probably lost hundreds of mantids this way. 

Aww so sorry for your loss :(  sometimes it just happens u can't aleays be there to watcg the molt. And its better to end their suffering if u can't help them. 

I'm so sorry about Hope. You did the right thing, and others can never understand the situation or the pain unless they're in the situation themselves. I'm sure she had a wonderful life with you. 

Sorry to hear about Hope!

You tottally did the right thing like everyone else is saying. If anyones harrassing you about, it give them my email address and ill explain to them that theyre thick headed :)

Hopes in a place where only good things happen now, and we all will be with our loved ones who pass again for the afterparty one day, hope included.. and shell be thankful for providing her an awesome life!

Have a good weekend buddy - theres plenty of good things to look forward to! 

I've been in this same painful situation too so I understand your pain Jessie. You did what you felt was right which is very important.

Im sorry Hope I won't be able to see pictures of you growing up or posing for the wonderful pictures Jessie takes. I hope you are happy and enjoying yummy bugs and honey now that you have crossed the Rainbow Bridge! Take care, and please tell Sticky he will never be forgotten!

All who replied here are awesome people! The kindness and understanding is wonderful in such a painful situation. This place is far better than Facebook mantis groups.

Latest posts