How do I upload a profile picture?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Extrememantid

Reaction score
Hey guys

I've been trying to upload a picture from my photo bucket.. Because I want a profile picture on here. I've tried using the URL from the "share options" and it says the file is too large or it can't connect to the server (the forum says that) so any help would be appreciated. Oh and I'm doing this on an iPad if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Cole

I'm pretty sure that for a profile pic you can upload directly off the computer, unlike when you post a pic and need to do it through photobucket.

Was it the file size (in kb or mb) or the image size (in pixels) that it said was too large? Please share the exact figures for your photo in both cases. The forum probably does limit both the dimensional size as well as the file size. I'm not sure which limiter you two are passing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried again and the forum said it can't access the server? Does using an iPad have to do with anything?

-Cole
I wouldn't think so. Not sure if the forum was having problems yesterday or not.

Like Paradoxica said, you can upload a photo directly from your iPad. I'm not sure if that's what you tried when you said that you tried again. If it doesn't work, let us know what it says. If you need help resizing the image, I can help you. However, I won't be available to do so until Sunday.

Like Paradoxica said, you can upload a photo directly from your iPad. I'm not sure if that's what you tried when you said that you tried again. If it doesn't work, let us know what it says. If you need help resizing the image, I can help you. However, I won't be available to do so until Sunday.
No I don't have any decent photos on my iPad, since I can't take pics on it. But on my photobucket account I have great pics of my geckos and such. I can upload them onto threads and stuff but when I go to "change image" where my profile picture would show under my account management, it says to put in the URL for my custom photos... So I use my photobucket IMG URL and it says that it cannot connect to the server or that the file is too large? So I hope this make more sence lol.

Thanks,

-Cole