How do you access the forum?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CosbyArt

Reaction score
I was curious what everyone is using to visit the forum? I know several use their smart phones, and such.

I personally use my desktop PC with Linux, using the flavor Debian 8.4 Jessie. I can pop-up Windows if I really need it for something, like my music tagging program, with VM VirtualBox but made the switch to Linux over a year ago and haven't looked back. Strangely the program "Jaikoz audio tagger" makes a Linux version too, but the Windows one seems to run smoother and is the last holdout program I ever fire up VirtualBox for. :)

I won't get into the whole OS thing, that isn't what this is about, but I have to say after Windows 7 I wanted something else. As my wife had Windows 8.1, and since then my niece has Windows 10 and I'm glad I abandoned ship.

Here's a peek at my screen with my browser open, VirtualBox as I've been busy recording my vinyl records and cassettes recently (and recording new 8-tracks from my collection too), and of course my TV player with my MST3K series I have backed up to my drive. :)

linuxmf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Prefer to access on my laptop but often have to on my phone. I find trying to perform moderator actions on my phone to be frustrating. 

[ROOTED.]

(Android, lollipop.) Samsung galaxy grand prime. 

Linux is the way to go, Windows is worthless. ;)  

Last edited by a moderator:
Desktop any number of windows but lately I use windows 7 but have labs set with VMware and virtual box so I guess whatever windows or linux  I have loaded , Laptop KaliLinux, Tablet android rooted or iphone version ios 6. Which do I prefer depends on project photos and media I use windows on desktop I find it easier to work multiple programs in windows especially with folder sharing between Virtual machines.

Latest posts