How does a bendy leg correct itself !

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13ollox

Reaction score
one of my Hierodula has just moulted into subadult .. but one of her front legs has become a lil bendy as her feet points backwards rather than down ! however , people say that this can cure itself by next moult . i was just wondering how ? as when it moults next , a bendy leg will come out of the bent leg and therefore harden again bent wont it ? any ideas ?

Neil

Can you post a pic of it? Sometimes in this case if its bad I cut it off. If its subadult its unlikely it would grow back but they do fine with missing a leg.

it still uses it , the leg itself is not bent . it just drags a lil bit ! you know the knee area of the front leg where the leg bends in half. it looks like it got bent a little too much, then dried and so its stuck in that position as i'm guessing it didn't stretch it properly when it was drying . that's all . nothing worth lopping off. i was just wondering if it would get better ?

Neil

sorry for my rubbish artwork . but here is a quick sketch of what i can see !

mantisfoot.jpg

thing is when it comes out its still quite soft so can harden in the correct position. and yeh i think it should correct itself with this next moult, its only a small position problem, as opposed to a big deformation or anything. it should be fine. not promising, but its most likely to be fine, i think.

See what it looks like in a fw days. Doesn't sound extreme so shouldnt' be an issue.

Latest posts