How long can mantids survive in transport?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike

Reaction score
I orderd about over 200 dollars worth of mantids from lars from germany. The mantids have been in transport for a while.. tomorrow is the 9th day... how long can they go without food ect...? He said it would only take 4-5 days but its been almost double that.. 0_o

A while.

But seriously too many variables.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought some Schizocephala, bicornis from him not too long ago and they were in the mail for 8 days (they spent the weekend at the post office). Only one died, but he sent an extra, so I was still elated. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
There are also factors like temperature to consider.

Today was the 9th day and everything came in well except the male desiccata.. hes very lethargic and is missing one of his walking claws or whatever.. Im trying to force feed him with some fruits/ripped apart crickets.. but hes not really eating ...

Any suggestions? his stumache doesnt look completely skinny, like he donesnt look liek hes starving.. maybe just stressed? he cant really walk and keeps falling..

Just let him be for a day or so to minimize the stress. He'll feed when he's ready. Make sure that he has water available, too. Don't start teaching him English for at least a week.

Latest posts