How long do you need to wait so you can mate a female

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another tip is to not feed male a lot so he will be able to make the connection easier but make sure he is drinking

I just accidentally mated my newly adult(1 week) ghost female. It looked like everything went well but is there anything to worry about? Should I have them try again in a week or two to make sure it takes?

I just accidentally mated my newly adult(1 week) ghost female. It looked like everything went well but is there anything to worry about? Should I have them try again in a week or two to make sure it takes?
Are you sure they mated? He might have jumped on but not mated.. The reason we say wait that amount of time is because they won't mate before that.. Or your female is actually older. I doubt they actually mated if she is in fact 1 week as adult

Are you sure they mated? He might have jumped on but not mated.. The reason we say wait that amount of time is because they won't mate before that.. Or your female is actually older. I doubt they actually mated if she is in fact 1 week as adult
Why not? It isn't unheard of.

I'm sure, I kept an eye on them just to make sure she wouldn't eat him. They actually copulated twice. My other female is 2 weeks old and I meant to move her in with the male but I accidentally moved the younger one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts