how long does a ghost live

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlemmings

Reaction score
So my female Ghost molted to adult september 12th..so she is 4 months old...only laid one ooth after being mated (i hope sucessfully) how much more time does she have?

I ask cause she has been acting odd lately...just sort of twitching her abdomen. she still takes flys and the occasional cricket but the past two days she just "hangs weird" the ooth was laid Dec 7th so should be ready to hatch any time but as my first breeding attempt and the subsequent loss of my male I hope the female lives and layes more ooths and the ooths (at least a few of them) so I can enjoy this fabulous species for years to come.

I would be suprised if she hasnt laid an ooth in other a month.Mine appear to lay every 10-18days. I keep mine at roughly 19-25degrees and they get fed twice a week with about 3-4BB's a time.Hope this helps a little :)

she has been acting "odd" the past week: hard to pin it down, readily takes house flys or crickets when i run out of flys. but eats every day or every other day. but lately the way she hangs is different, last night for instance she was hanging from two left legs with two right legs against the side of the terrarium. and today she was hanging normal this morning but this afternoon is at the bottom of the enclosure with her head down...like she is staring right at the ground. at first I thought she was dead but she is not laying she is standing but with her head down staring at the bottom of the enclosure. i misted her and she cleaned her raptorial arms and if i blow on her she might move forward a bit, but she sure is acting sick or something...different

yeah she was misted earlier and when I saw her at the bottom of the enclosure I misted her again.she is still hanging out upside down like normal now. I have been very diligent on the misting since my Male ghost passed.

she is doing well, the cricket she dropped last night must have crawled up to the top (unusual!!) of her cage cause she was snacking on the cricket when I checked in on her...she seems to be okay... she must have gotten to dry or warm.