How long is a male Ghost good for mating?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon

Reaction score
Male ghost molted to adult last week (one month exact from sub to adult.) My female molted to sub Dec 2. I have read that females can take 2-3 months for their final molt. If that's the case, will my male be too old for her?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I'll give that a try. Thank you.

Edit: Whew, my female ghost molted to adult yesterday (only 30 days as a sub.) I was in my bug room last night, working on a bigger habitat for her as I had noticed her wing buds getting fuller that morning, plus I saw her do that "dog-shaking-the-rain-off-its-coat thing". Luckily she picked the right spot to molt, because when I peeked at her, she was almost finished---just the back legs still inside--so I got to watch the rest of the process. She did use her old skin to reach up to the top where she hung to expand her wings for a couple of hours (perfect outcome). She's still green but has caramel-colored wings. Very interesting to watch as I'd never seen the wing bit before.

So, the male and female are just two weeks apart.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts