How long to get his mojo back?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben.M

Reaction score
I've got 4 adult female IGM 222 and 1 adult male. 3 of the females are mated so theres still one to go but my male only mated a few days ago, how long should I leave between matings to ensure that he is fertile???

Thanks,

Ben.M :D

I always give them a few days just to be sure, but I don't even know if this is necessary.

I waited 4 days in between mating my Texas Unicorn with a second female, and he mounted the second female right away. Of course, that doesn't guarantee fertile ooths.

My two remaining male b. Mendica each live in an enclosure with a female. I noticed that they wait 4 - 5 days in between mating.

guess it depends on the species, but i think one week would be very safe :) two weeks would be best! (although not necessary)

if you're worried, u should wait a few days more.. Unless you're about to get an infertile ooth - then why not, just give it a go!

best of luck...

Thanks everyone, he mated about 3 days ago so I'll pair him up with my last female tomorrow :)

Its not the infertile ooth that i'm worried about, my other adult male didnt live very long and I'm not sure how much longer this guy has got left :/

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry to hear that! O well.. if he was a wild chap he'd count himself lucky to have met four ladies. As long as u saw him connect i guess it's safe to assume the deed has been done.

sorry to hear that! O well.. if he was a wild chap he'd count himself lucky to have met four ladies. As long as u saw him connect i guess it's safe to assume the deed has been done.
Yh thats what I was thinking, was with one of them twice too :) Yep I saw him connect and they were together for a good 8 hours.

HE'S ALIVE :D , he must of escaped from the enclosure(the netting wasn't 100% secure) as I just found him wandering on one of my snake vivariums.

Must admit, I was supprised to find no trace of him left in the enclosure, normally a female won't eat the wings so just drop them to the floor.

He's a bit weak and very thirsty but he's back in his cup having a drink and I'll feed him a bit later :D

My ghosts just mated, and were only connected for about an hourish, do you think that's sufficient? First time mating ghosts.... Sorry for the thread jack...

My ghosts just mated, and were only connected for about an hourish, do you think that's sufficient? First time mating ghosts.... Sorry for the thread jack...
Its possible that the mating was successful but I would try again as an hour may not be enough time :/

Latest posts