How long ?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it depends on when they were last fed+temp. Room temp with no feedings before, id say a week, maybe a little less, but if full before, id say about a week and a half. Id be safer to have someone feed them if you are leaving though.

I have given mine oatmeal when I was without feeders. I used a baby spoon with a little oatmeal on the end of the spoon. They will latch on and bury their faces in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have given mine oatmeal when I was without feeders. I used a baby spoon with a little oatmeal on the end of the spoon. They will latch on and bury their faces in it.
We're they just trying to get water or does oatmeal have so enutritional value to them?

We're they just trying to get water or does oatmeal have so enutritional value to them?
Oatmeal has 2.4 grams of fat, 25.4 grams of carbs and 6.6 grams of protein per cup and virtually no sugar. So it does have some decent nutritional value for your guys for quick fix. They also seem to love it. Mix it with honey and they will be your best friend.

Do you also feed them waffles and blueberry pancakes? :chef:

But really most mantis will enjoy honey from a tooth pic, and some swear they love bananas(never tried that one though)

Latest posts