How many is to many?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're being relayed through my SC partner. They were shipped communally. Two molted next day and were cannibalized. Another got stuck in its molt. My seller sent extras of blephs and idolos so im only really down one idolo, but still up one on blephs. All good. 

Theyre no longer communal. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think having more than 5 is being greedy and selfish.  Any mantis owner with more than 5 should be looked down upon and/or shunned by the rest of the community.  Since it saddens me to no end to see such otherwise wonderful people being looked down upon and/or shunned by anyone I am prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for my mantis keeping brothers and sisters.   For anyone with more than 5 I propose that you choose your 5 favorites and send the rest to me.  Of course this will give me many more than 5 and as a result I will no doubt be looked down upon and/or shunned by the rest of you but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make.  I will take it upon my shoulders to be the one shunned and/or looked down upon so that the rest of you do not have to experience such intense shunning and/or looked down uponness.

There is no need to thank me.  I realize that by my committing such an unselfish act of heroism you will be tempted to raise me to a level heretofore reserved for Gods and/or really good sports people and maybe your favorite actors and maybe even a few singers (but not that Bieber guy)  but I assure you that should not be the case.  I am no one special.   Yes, I will have made it possible for the rest of you to pursue your hobby unencumbered by the guilt that keeping more than 5 specimens brings with it and yes I will be seen as as a pariah (perhaps even a piranha) by everyone else in the mantis keeping community but just knowing everyone else is able to participate in this wonderful hobby with a guilt free conscience means more to me than all the shunning and/or looking down upon in the world.  Though my shoulders may droop from crushing weight of this burden and my heart shall no doubt be rendered unwhole knowing everyone is looking down upon me and/or shunning me my spirits will be lifted high by knowing no one else will ever have to experience such grief and despair.  That alone shall be all the deification I need.

So what are you all waiting for.    PM me for my address and get to sending all those extra specimens out.  The sooner you get it done the sooner you will feel the relief of knowing you are no longer being shunned and/or looked down upon.  I'm not going to wait around forever and this offer will not run through eternity. 10-15 years maybe 50 tops and I'll be dead and you will be on your own.  However,   I would be willing to bet that even if I should revoke this offer there would be someone willing to horn in on my  incomparable generosity and be willing to take this unsavory task upon themselves and far be it from me to prevent it.  Just be aware, should you yourself attempt such an act,  there is no way in heck I am going to send you any of MY extras.  

I am keeping my 10 mantids with me
bupatih.gif
Tthey are mine😎

I think having more than 5 is being greedy and selfish.  Any mantis owner with more than 5 should be looked down upon and/or shunned by the rest of the community.  
You just pulled the pin out of the grenade! 😂

Hilarious post. 👏👏👏

I think having more than 5 is being greedy and selfish.  Any mantis owner with more than 5 should be looked down upon and/or shunned by the rest of the community.  Since it saddens me to no end to see such otherwise wonderful people being looked down upon and/or shunned by anyone I am prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice for my mantis keeping brothers and sisters.   For anyone with more than 5 I propose that you choose your 5 favorites and send the rest to me.  Of course this will give me many more than 5 and as a result I will no doubt be looked down upon and/or shunned by the rest of you but that is a sacrifice I am willing to make.  I will take it upon my shoulders to be the one shunned and/or looked down upon so that the rest of you do not have to experience such intense shunning and/or looked down uponness.

There is no need to thank me.  I realize that by my committing such an unselfish act of heroism you will be tempted to raise me to a level heretofore reserved for Gods and/or really good sports people and maybe your favorite actors and maybe even a few singers (but not that Bieber guy)  but I assure you that should not be the case.  I am no one special.   Yes, I will have made it possible for the rest of you to pursue your hobby unencumbered by the guilt that keeping more than 5 specimens brings with it and yes I will be seen as as a pariah (perhaps even a piranha) by everyone else in the mantis keeping community but just knowing everyone else is able to participate in this wonderful hobby with a guilt free conscience means more to me than all the shunning and/or looking down upon in the world.  Though my shoulders may droop from crushing weight of this burden and my heart shall no doubt be rendered unwhole knowing everyone is looking down upon me and/or shunning me my spirits will be lifted high by knowing no one else will ever have to experience such grief and despair.  That alone shall be all the deification I need.

So what are you all waiting for.    PM me for my address and get to sending all those extra specimens out.  The sooner you get it done the sooner you will feel the relief of knowing you are no longer being shunned and/or looked down upon.  I'm not going to wait around forever and this offer will not run through eternity. 10-15 years maybe 50 tops and I'll be dead and you will be on your own.  However,   I would be willing to bet that even if I should revoke this offer there would be someone willing to horn in on my  incomparable generosity and be willing to take this unsavory task upon themselves and far be it from me to prevent it.  Just be aware, should you yourself attempt such an act,  there is no way in heck I am going to send you any of MY extras.  
Hahaha :) I almost believed you for a second! 

- MantisGirl13

I am keeping my 10 mantids with me
bupatih.gif
Tthey are mine😎
I am without doubt greatly saddened by your decision but at the same time I can not help but admire the spirit with which you are willing to endure the imensitude of the shunning and looking down upon you shall be forced to endure.  I doff my hat to you my good lady.  You are indeed strong.

Hahaha :) I almost believed you for a second! 

- MantisGirl13
How far did you get?😉

You just pulled the pin out of the grenade! 😂

Hilarious post. 👏👏👏
You are no doubt comparing my offer to rid the hobby of guilt as akin to throwing myself upon a live grenade.  Well done my friend, very well done indeed.  I heartily approve.

Last edited by a moderator: