How to Add Pictures to Posts

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Were you able to successfully post a picture with the help of this tutorial?

• Yes

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
Hello Katnapper,sorry for blemishing your poll. I just figured out how to do Method #2. Your explanation is quite easy to follow.

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a Purple-Wing running amok in my room :)

James.
LOL, James... don't worry about the poll. ;) I'm just glad you're sorted with posting pics now... :) and hopefully sorted with your Purple-Wing too (the randy little bugger! :p )! :lol:

LOL, James... don't worry about the poll. ;) I'm just glad you're sorted with posting pics now... :) and hopefully sorted with your Purple-Wing too (the randy little bugger! :p )! :lol:
HAHAHA. Good call :lol:

When I post some photos, it said

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this board.

Sorry,what this mean?

Kat: Thanks, Kat, for the tutorial and as a matter of fact, I did have some trouble getting a picture to post this morning. I will have to give it an educated try tomorrow.

Rich

HI and thanks for the turotial but it still does not work for me to embed images. Phil described how he does it from Picasa where my pics are uploaded but I only get a link that works if you click on it and no embedding.

Can anyone suggest why the same process does not embed pictures in the pages here for me?

I'm guessing it's something more fundamental but have no clue. All I know is that I finally have some pics to upload and it's super frustrating.

Thread here for anyone that can help. http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20301

Cheers

Picture question: How do I create a new gallery folder? Every time I try, it just says "you need to select a parent album" but there is nothing to select from the drop down menu. Foiled again.

Picture question: How do I create a new gallery folder? Every time I try, it just says "you need to select a parent album" but there is nothing to select from the drop down menu. Foiled again.
It says that I am not allowed to do a gallery, when I tried. :rolleyes:

QUOTE (jameslongo @ Apr 28 2009, 08:04 AM)

good tute katnapper. only prob is method 2. doesn't want to work for me
huh.gif

It works. On photobucket.com the url already has the img tags on each side of the address so you don't need to click on the insert image button here at mantidforum. Just copy the url from the site and paste it here. Once you learn how to post pics you will feel silly at how easy it is.
so like a newb like me could post this:

http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i357/dlemm/100_0077.jpg

i saw that and went back to photobucket to see what i clicked wrong. when you hover your pointer over an image in you album a drop down box lets you choose :

email & IM

Direct Link (my wrong choice above)

HTML code

or

IMG code (BINGO!!!)

at least for photo bucket