How to Add Pictures to Posts

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Were you able to successfully post a picture with the help of this tutorial?

• Yes

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 27.3%

• Total voters
DSCN1950.JPG

My new Idolo!!

How do I add a Macro shot as my icon? I have one of my Mantis that I want to use...here is what I have done:

I tried uploading the shot from my laptop, of course that would be way too easy - it was too big so it didn't work!

So I tried importing the photo link from Facebook, and it said "could not save the URL image specified".

So I tried using Photo Bucket, the direct link from it said it was still "too big", then the URL said it "could not connect with the server"(?) and the HTML link said "could not save the URL ...".

I know other people do this?! What's up?!

(I have Windows 8.1. and have tried both Chrome and IE9 to change pic)

Thanks!

Terry Lynne

Imgur is better than Photobucket. Photobucket has that ugly water mark, but Imgur leaves the picture the way it was, no added markings. And Photbucket lowers image quality the slightest bit, but Imgur doesn’t affect the picture at all.

I have started using Dropbox. I just change part of the link at the end:

Where the link ends in "?dl=0", replace it with "?raw=1".

That way it renders in my posts.

20181117_211105.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t read all the responses to this topic, but I have a smartphone and it looks as if methods 1&2 are both for posting links to a third party’s image. Is there any way to upload an actual picture from my iPhone without third party sites? 

I didn’t read all the responses to this topic, but I have a smartphone and it looks as if methods 1&2 are both for posting links to a third party’s image. Is there any way to upload an actual picture from my iPhone without third party sites? 
click on CHOOSE FILES. Does that invoke a photo selection dialogue?