Howdy from NC!!!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jason_mazzy

Reaction score
Howdy! My name is Jason. I am retired ARMY and have a collection of exotic animals. I was keeping poison dart frogs and had some complications involving a cleaning service. Long story short, dead frogs. So I always kept my terrarium going. Its a moss base with some live tropical plants. So my children were out in the yard, and came wanting me to look at these "bugs". After coming out I was pleasently surprised seeing Praying Mantis'. I found 5 1 Big green and 4 big brown. I took some pictures, and spread them to differant parts of the garden and hedges. A few days later I found two Green ones, and decided to keep one in the old frog habitat. So far its been a few weeks and it seems to be thriving. he/she is rather large 3-4 inches. he watches me and seems interested in what I'm doing when I look in the enclosure. I feed him/her crickets and moths. I am here for information and would love to add a few other locales to my new found hobby. Thank you for having me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. Where in NC are you? I am also in NC and spent several years in the army as well.

Welcome. Where in NC are you? I am also in NC and spent several years in the army as well.
I live outside of Hickory. I have a couple acres, with woods and wild shrubery. I keep the grass mowed but pretty much leave the rest to grow. I have flower gardens and roses in front and lots of dogwoods, and new trees I have planted.

Howdy! My name is Jason. I am retired ARMY and have a collection of exotic animals. I was keeping poison dart frogs and had some complications involving a cleaning service. Long story short, dead frogs. So I always kept my terrarium going. Its a moss base with some live tropical plants. So my children were out in the yard, and came wanting me to look at these "bugs". After coming out I was pleasently surprised seeing Praying Mantis'. I found 5 1 Big green and 4 big brown. I took some pictures, and spread them to differant parts of the garden and hedges. A few days later I found two Green ones, and decided to keep one in the old frog habitat. So far its been a few weeks and it seems to be thriving. he/she is rather large 3-4 inches. he watches me and seems interested in what I'm doing when I look in the enclosure. I feed him/her crickets and moths. I am here for information and would love to add a few other locales to my new found hobby. Thank you for having me.
Hey there Jason! My name is JaYson and I live in NC as well!!! Small world eh?