Howdy from Texas

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Agonzalez4771

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name is Andres. I am from Texas. I am 37, married, and have a wonderful son who follows in my foot steps when to comes to flora and fauna. I currently raise Tortoise, Turtles, Ball Pythons, Rats, Mice, African Soft Furs, MaCaws, an African Grey, a few Amazons, 2 pair of Ring Tailed Lemurs, Fruit Flies, and 25 Tarantulas. My Tarantula Collections is still small but my current Jewel in my Tarantula Collections is either the Pink Bloom or the Ecuadorian rainbow bird eater. I'm real big into Tarantulas and my son has his own Brazilian black that he's proud of. The Brazilian black is still a young T. 

My son and I are attempting to keep Ants this year and have even built our own formicarium. I have one pet Praying Mantis that my son caught early January of this year, and were are hoping to get into the Praying Mantis hobby this year. We have a lot to learn, from my understanding, most Praying Mantis live only one year? So we will be posting questions on your forum.

If your from Texas... drop me a line... id love to visit and talk Ants... or Tarantulas.

16837755_1348239645199529_1892215411_n.jpg

16299353_1328863333803827_7452190742278343248_n.jpg

Heyas and welcome. Wish my mom had been more like you. Snakes were kill on sight in my house. Spiders were kinda in same category, just without the terrified screaming at a very loud volume.

The short life span and relative ease of care are 2 strong points that were plusses for me.

Nice looking mantis.

Welcome to the forums!  That is an adorable tarantula, fuzzy little guy.  I was actually looking into getting a tarantula.  Any you would recommend to beginners?

Your house sounds like a dream come true! I'd have killed to have a dad like you, so much less bargaining with my parents to let me bring <insert insect, reptile, or amphibian here> into the house hehe.

Welcome! All the information you could ever need should be easy to find here.

Hi there and welcome to the forum, they're definitely awesome to keep.  You might also want to message jrh3, he's a user on here that had a lot of interest in bringing the Texas Unicorn mantis back into the hobby and was looking for people to keep an eye out for any of them or their ooths.  I'm not sure if he ended up finding a source for them to at least get a breeding pair going though.

Latest posts