Hunting Wild Mantids (We have been Doing it Wrong)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting post Krissim. I wonder though, unless they are being watched to be captured by a human, if any mantids that grab that thing get mad and leave the property. ;) Looks like it might be a interesting experiment to see how well that butterfly thing would work.

I found the solar butterflies for sale on Amazon and eBay (here in 4-packs). I find it strange though that such a thing exists for gardens, must be a bare garden if there are no real butterflies to need fake ones. :D

Interesting post Krissim. I wonder though, unless they are being watched to be captured by a human, if any mantids that grab that thing get mad and leave the property. ;) Looks like it might be a interesting experiment to see how well that butterfly thing would work.

I found the solar butterflies for sale on Amazon and eBay (here in 4-packs). I find it strange though that such a thing exists for gardens, must be a bare garden if there are no real butterflies to need fake ones. :D
Hahaha, I was mostly joking about using them to try and lure in mantises, but let me know how your experiment works. Please though if you catch any don't tell the mantises you got the idea from me. If it ever gets back to my mantises I'm peddling fake butterflies I will be in big trouble. :p

Hahaha, I was mostly joking about using them to try and lure in mantises, but let me know how your experiment works. Please though if you catch any don't tell the mantises you got the idea from me. If it ever gets back to my mantises I'm peddling fake butterflies I will be in big trouble. :p
Might as well if nothing else my wife will probably like it. As it seems to take a month to get anything from China directly, I go the cheap route, I'll have to try it next year. ;)

I promise though I will not divulge your name, where the trap idea came from, or why I happened to have one.
smile-big.gif

Krissim I went ahead and ordered the mantis frustration device today. When it finally decides to show up I'll have to test it. :D

vspbutterfly.jpg

Latest posts