Hurricane Irene:

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhilinYuma

Reaction score
I was looking at a map of the hurricane Irene's path and progress today, and it occurred to me to ask Rick if he was at risk. Apparently he is right in its path and battening down the hatches. You may wish to give him a word of cheer. I have lit a very large hurricane binding candle in the usual place.Good luck to you and your family, Rick, and let us know how you are doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Phil! So far so good. It is due to make landfall this morning. We are getting a lot of rain and 70+ mph winds at this time.

Here's to wishing you get off easy with NO property(or bodily) damage Rick, but I fear this won't be the last time your area gets the bullseye. hope you don't need one of these :boat: to get to work?

Thankfully nothing but wind here. Hope everyone else in the direct path of the storm stays safe.

I hope everyone is OK, and that certain members will be able to post soon.

I could imagine that many people are without power at the moment. I have been through plenty of storms, and even if everyone is unharmed, the power and water situations can last a while, depending on the damage done. On at least 3 occasions, I have had to deal with the messes, without power, water, and communication(for at least a week). It can be a pain in the patoot. <_<

I hope to read some posts from members that were hit, hopefully stating that they are OK and that there is minimal if not no damage for them.

omg i'm way out of the loop and had no clue about the hurricane!!! take care everyone! stay safe and stay hopeful i wish the best for everyone who was hit and hope to hear from you guys soon! I guess i'm a little late in posting this but hopefully everyone will update this thread soon letting us know they are ok! hope no one got hurt and not too many mantids died from this disaster =(

Finally back. We lost power for awhile and also lost internet service for longer. Minor damage and the crawlspace under the house flooded pretty good. LOTS of rain. There is a large amount of tree damage around. We're all ok though. Thanks everyone!

Finally back. We lost power for awhile and also lost internet service for longer. Minor damage and the crawlspace under the house flooded pretty good. LOTS of rain. There is a large amount of tree damage around. We're all ok though. Thanks everyone!
I am glad you and yours are OK. :) The Carolinas usually get pounded if we get passed by.

Hurricane Irene in 1999 was a wet one too. Our home got flooded and the roof failed. :mellow: We didn't have a crawlspace, but I don't know if that is good or bad.

Be careful when you are cleaning up. ;)

Good to know you and your family are safe. The last time a major hurricane (Hurricane Ike) making a landfall in the US it damaged my entire roof and most of the fences. A Cat 3 that i hope never to see it again. Check with your insurance company too for all the damages due to the storm.

Welcome back! Good to know that you and yr family are fine, but how about the bees?

Latest posts