Hygrometers----again

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm... what about the lowly shoestring? Or maybe a nice thick boot lace? Already has a nice firm end to poke through the hole with too. Not sure about it's wicking qualities though.
It works like a faucet, Katnapper. I put one regular-size shoelace in and it has created a small puddle inside the sweet (candy) jar in four hours. I had thought that the humidity gradient would drive the amount of water sucked into the enclosure, but the capillary action is much stronger. One answer is to just add a cc or two of water to the reservoir per day or use a kid's shoelace with multiple wicks per reservoir, but it means that I can't leave the house for a few days and expect a slow influx of water over that time. In that case, I'll probably just use a water pot with wood shavings in it. Again, this idea is not designed to change anyone's already successful practice, but I think that it will work well here in the desert. Are there no other desert dwellers on this forum? Perhaps they're all hanging out at Desert USA!

Does anyone want an almost complete roll of cotton batting, cheap?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts