Hymenopus trouble

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lukanap

Reaction score
Hi guys ...in 29 december my Hymenopus femal was become adult, every days it eat flyes and warms..in 22 genuary the mathing... for 48 hours...after the mating my female eat a adul panchlora nivea...but now the female don't eat by 5 days....is worryng?...the abdomen is very large...thanks and sorry for my english

It could be she is ready to lay her ooth. With all the eggs and ooth material in her abdomen she does not have room for food. Make sure she drinks and give her some honey and beepollen ground fine.

Honey has lots of nutrition in it for the mantid to get through this perriod of not eating. I have never seen a mantid refuse to take some honey from the end of a toothpick or other small tool. Just place it near the mantid's mouth and let her taste it and that is the start of good things. The bee pollen has an additional amount of good amount of good things.

She is getting ready to lay, dont give her any worms right now, let her have her water each day twice and flies, if she eats them fine, but try to let them go if she does not so at not to upset her.