Hypothetically... if/when Mega Mantises were to become available in the US...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll link my friend (you can possibly guess who she is!) to this post. You use a substrate too shallow for burrowing? No, they didn't mismolt. Is there an article anywhere in Invertebrate Magazine, and if so, is it still available? Thanx
How did they die exaclty? They're really hardy as long as they don't dry out, get too hot or are kept in a bad cage. There's one full length article and an addendum a few years later. All the old issues are available at present. I imagine I ought to be able to guess.

Try this: http://www.bugnation.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=41251

@ Orin. She doesn't know, and her husbandry and entomolgy are better than mine, so it wasn't due to obvious bad management. The humidity is in the 60% range year round, so I guess that it wasn't due to dessication. At any rate, I'll PayPal you some cash and maybe you can send me the appropriate issue of I.M. so that I can send it to her. Thanks!

OH MY GOODNESS! I want one! How big do they get? I had a Chinese and she was about 5 inches long.

Last edited by a moderator: