I.diabolicum deaths from crickets

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some people think it could be Apansporoblastina, yes. But there are a lot of parasitistic Protozoa.

regards

sorry for the late reply,

i still need to get some larger flys, the local angling shop just shut down, so i still need to get some pupa from somewhere, and then culture them.

there still on fruitflys,yes they are a bit small for them, but they still strike and eat loads.

if anyone can help with some pupa i would be really greatfull, i would pay for them too.

thanks

rob

You can buy house fly pupae in great bulk at spider pharm. :D http://spiderpharm.com/feeders/hf/houseflies.htm

They also have breeding kits if you want to raise your own from maggots.
thanks!

sadly i have since lost other adults of other species, the head capsules went red.

i wont be using crikets again

i bought some locusts today, i will starve them for a of day tp clear the gut and give them a mix of fishfood and honey, but i dont know if they will take this like crikets do?

thanks

rob

thanks!sadly i have since lost other adults of other species, the head capsules went red.

i wont be using crikets again

i bought some locusts today, i will starve them for a of day tp clear the gut and give them a mix of fishfood and honey, but i dont know if they will take this like crikets do?

thanks

rob
why arent u feeding them flys?

oh u mean for other speices..my mistake..i thought u ment aboput the idols..i was going to say only fed them flys moths stuff like that..i guees u know that all ready tho..

sorry to hear about your loss.. :(

Do not feed Idolomantis locusts, they may even die from locusts. Idolomantis can ONLY take flying insects!

If you're talking about other species, make sure the locust is small enough so the mantis can take it. Locusts may take honey and fish food, but they're usually vegetarians.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts