I held a pokie...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiara

Reaction score
So, we were breeding a couple pairs of spiders, one being my newly aquired P. regalis. She is so pretty. I told my boyfriend on the way home that she was mine and I wanted to hold her. He just laughed. Then to day after we got out wimpy, wimpy male out of there, I scooped her out and held her for a good 5 minutes. How I wish my camera was charged. I will take pics of her sooner or later but she is 7 in respectively. So beautiful. I was very excited so I had to share. LOL I felt bad, (my favorite) my flag staff orange is sitting on my chest while I type. (she is the jealous type LOL)

You have more nuts than I do. I think I'll stick with my G. aureostriata.

LOL Thanks I guess :rolleyes: ?? It wasnt as scary as it should have been though. I havent go the nerve to hold my obt yet tho I think about it everyday LOL

Haha you are brave! I am getting a pair in tomorrow.

I generally do not handle my Ts, except for when I open their enclosures and they climb up onto me. Took me a while to get my Lasiodora parahybana off me the other day!

-Dave

I got a A. versicolor sling at the reptile show in Mesa this weekend. He didn't have it displayed, but someone walked up and asked about it while I was at the booth across the floor. The vendor pulled it out, and the other guy said he didn't really want it now, so I got it.

It's small, maybe 3/8 inch legspan, maybe a half inch, but it's already got a nice blue coloration to it.

I also got 3 different colors of corn snake there. Nice, but they're not as social here as they were at the show. Kinda shy here.

I Love versis!!!! I have a large female that is hopefully pregnant!!!! I have several others too. All avicularia sp. really! My heart is close to the A minatrix. I just got three little babies a couple weeks ago. They are very cute and I love the way they look like little mini adults, they keep the same colors! The purpurea are really cute too! Very fun little species!!

Ha ha Dave! I love the salmons too. They have nice personalities! Not to bad looking either! I am raising up about 35 of them. I can't wait til they have size to them. Have fun with your pokies! They are really beautiful too. Hopefully I will have babies soon. One of our gravid females just dropped a sac with another one (it looks like) is getting close to dropping one. I will be having them come out of my ears if anyone is interested!!!

Guy across town that i met at the show has some purpurea or whatever is spelled, but he wanted more than I wanted to give him. $40 for about a inch and halfer. I only paid $20 for the versi.
Thats a good deal on the versicolor, not too bad on the purpurea, either! I woulda jumped on it! The purpurea are really pretty. BTW!!! My other regalis layed her sac!! Now I have two sacs!!!! :D

Thats a good deal on the versicolor, not too bad on the purpurea, either! I woulda jumped on it! The purpurea are really pretty. BTW!!! My other regalis layed her sac!! Now I have two sacs!!!! :D
Two sacs of regalis! You are going to be overwhelmed! My pair is really nice, they were selectively bred to have dark colors with sharp contrast. They are amazing! Maybe I'll post up some pics.

Also, I am currently in the process of breeding Heteroscodra maculata, those are little monsters!

I also have a versi, but in my opinion it's kind of boring. :unsure:

-Dave

wow 2 egg sacks, thats great news. if they do come off and you find yourself with a good few spiderlings plz pm me ive wanted regalis for a while now. i have ornata, striata & ruffilata pokies atm. a poss gravid g.rosea & p.murius and many,many others( well over 100) :)

Latest posts