• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Mantidforum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I need fruit flies ASAP URGENT! Chicagoland area. My mantises will die.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arpooch

Reaction score
Hi,

I wasn't prepared for this sac to hatch at all. Now, I don't have fruitflies. All of the stores are out of them. I need them for about a week untill my colony starts breeding. I'm located in the chicagoland area and I would love to buy a week worth of fruit flies from someone. No time for shipping so it would have to be in the chicagoland area. Maybe we can meet halfway? Maybe we would be able to meet tommorow or the next day. It's been three days without food and they will not live without the food. Please answer as soon as possible.

-Arpooch

Petco sells fruit flies, though this has to be about the worst time of the year to buy them, and there are at least 3 Petco stores in the Chicago area, one not far from the loop and two on the near north side (one is in the 43rd ward, I think!) Good luck!

Don't worry, just express mail some fruitflies. They're chinese mantises, they will be able to survive at least a week without food. If they get hungry enough, they'll just eat each other. Also, get hydeis. Mels are pretty much worthless to chinese after their first molt, but they can eat hydeis through l3.

Latest posts