I need help

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jun

Reaction score
I'm 13 year old boy,and I have a baby mantis which haven't molt yet.I have been looking for informations on Internet,which only shows adult mantis.

Please tell me what mantis do before it start molting(I know it stop eating but what else?)

Does mantis stretch?Because mine does.

Baby mantis is just new to me!!!(I use to have an adult mantis)

This fellow I have is called Nickie Jr.

Yer they stop eating, but sometimes they do eat up until a couple of hours before they moult. Usually you will notice them trying to find somewhere comfy to hang a few days prior, and they hardly move once they have found there spot. Wing buds will look swollen, but when they are young nymphs you wont really notice this. Another sign is alot of mantids pulse there bums.

The best thing to if your worried about it being knocked is to feed your mantis and check back with-in an hour, and if it has'nt eaten take the food away and see if it moults. Do it daily or every other day until it does moult. Or you could leave about 3 ff in the housing with it. 9 time out of 10 the mantis will be fine, but you still have the change of it falling off because of the food.

Good luck !!

Now it's on the ceiling of the cage,I just spray a bit of water.

My mantis still doesnt molt and it's raining here,no live food.if I accidentally disturb it during molting,it may die right?wat should I do?

Hey Nova,

I think you're over thinking this. Most mantises will be just fine if they miss a meal or two. So don't worry about in raining and not being able to find any gnats.

The humidity from the rain is actually a good thing if it desides to moult now.

Just chill out and wait. If it doesn't moult today/tongight...try feeding tomorrow. No worries!

Latest posts