i need somones help or advice

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well my cultures is packed with maggots and caters every time..i guees i just need some clean flys.like somone said above "dont tip the flys in to a new culture from your old culture) i think that could be 1 of reson why its happering.il give that a go next time.trouble is as well the flightless flys arnt flightless..tbh there cultures suck..the sooner i can get different suppler the better.

As to your other issue at the beginning, why not just get a hold of a wingless culture?
your not going to believe this!there wingless cultures fly also.only reson im using them is i havent got any where else to buy them..im searching tho..waiting on a few emails so fingers crossed

I recently had all my fruit fly cultures (around 10) and all my spring tail cultures (12) attacked by mites. It was terrible. I was fortunate that the mites didn't really like the super moist environment that the spring tails were in, so they slowly died out. The fruit fly cultures were a different story. <_< It took me 3 months to get rid of all mites in my fly cultures. I would constantly start new fly cultures when ever the mites would begin to build up (usually when the fly culture began to dry out). I also made sure to throughly wash the fruit fly culture containers with lots of soap (to kill the mites on the container). When finished washing, I would micro wave the container for 30-40 seconds to kill any remaining mites. Always making sure to sterilize my containers and start new cultures constantly slowly got rid of all the mites. :)
Is there a reason why you reuse containers? I always use new containers. All my containers are water bottles.

Is there a reason why you reuse containers? I always use new containers. All my containers are water bottles.
at 7sp a container its not practical to throw each cup away after use..surely a soak in boiling hot water would sort it?

What's 7sp? Is that like .7 pounds? Sorry, about the silly questions. I don't know much about British currency.
lol..that was a typo sorry..70p..u know them ones mantis place sales?the fabric lid..32oz deli cups..well i have to order 100 from the us and with postage its worked out at about 70p each i think?