Identification and care help

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I have this mantis hanging around my front gate. It's been there for almost a week now(I assume it's and easy food source for it with all the old spiderwebs about). And I was hoping to take it in but I have no clue as to the species and any special care it will need. Can anyone help me identify it and give me tips on its care. I tried to Google it but the results seemed to not be accurate.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20221013_170231.jpg
    9.4 MB · Views: 3
  • 20221013_170142.jpg
    8.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221013_170253.jpg
    9.1 MB · Views: 0
I'm from South Africa, we get plenty of insects and arachnids just hanging about. Before this mantis I had an orb weaver spider that spun golden webs by my workshop at home. And a couple of more types of mantis before that.

I'm from South Africa, we get plenty of insects and arachnids just hanging about. Before this mantis I had an orb weaver spider that spun golden webs by my workshop at home. And a couple of more types of mantis before that.
Cool. Many of the invertebrates in the hobby come from your neck of the woods. I hear the climate is a bit like Southern California.

The specific area I'm in we have summer temperatures of 30°-45°C (86°-113°F) and a pretty high humidity (and rain). While winters are about 3°-10°C (37.4°-50°F) and a variety in humidity. So I can see where our range comes from.

Latest posts