identify (one with devil horns)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnald Chaffinch

Reaction score
Wonder if you could set the conditions so that the coulour would go a deep red !!! then it would be an awesome species . it looks like a variation of Phyllocrania paradoxa !

" OH CHRISTIAN WHERE ARE YOU " !!! :eek:

wow!!! truly amazing! i didnt know there was such a decorative mantis out there! god sure did make amazing creatures. i wonder what that mantis is called probably the real giant devil's mantis lol :D

Joe

WHAT THE F.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

There exist pics of THAT species????

This is one of my must-haves. The genus is called Stenophylla, it contains 3 species in the neotropics. Could be St. lobivertex or the third one (but not St. cornigera), but I borrowed the paper on the third one so I cannot compare them. But St. lobivertex fits very well. Are there also pics from above?

I should use Google more often...

Greetings,

Christian

there's an email address at the bottom of his page. i was going to email him but then i thought you might have done that already christian.

there's just those two pics on google, none actually showing on his site that i can see (but they're saved on his domain). none from above but maybe he has more pics ?...

Hi.

I did not write the photographer. So, if one of you is willing to do it, do not hesitate. I usually do not expect more photos as are already seen. For most photographers, a mantid is a mantid and after the pics were taken, they are released. They mostly do not know if it's a rare species. But their pics are good...

Christian

Well he emailed me back, and said:

The mantid was found in the Amazon rainforest along the Rio Oroso in Peru.

Thats all he said. Didn't mention if he had any more photos.

So, who fancies a trip down to the Peru? :D

help!! The links at the top of this page don't seem to work, am dying to see these pics! Anyone copied them so they can paste them back up? Would love to see them, sound amazing.. cheers

Latest posts