IDOLO FINAL MOLT HELP!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I raised the roof of the nano 2 inches. he now has 9 1/2 inches. is it enough?
here's what you should do

go get a 5 gallon bucket

get a nice grid of birch twigs, some carpet liner stuff, and anything else he grips really well and have it over the rim of the bucket and make it sturdy

have him on it

he cant climb the wall of the bucket to escape so he will stay on the objects and molt from it

put some wet paper towels on the bottom of the bucket

more room=more comfort and faster molting

here's what you should do

go get a 5 gallon bucket

get a nice grid of birch twigs, some carpet liner stuff, and anything else he grips really well and have it over the rim of the bucket and make it sturdy

have him on it

he cant climb the wall of the bucket to escape so he will stay on the objects and molt from it

put some wet paper towels on the bottom of the bucket

more room=more comfort and faster molting
Nicely said.

It must be three times as tall as his length I believe. Also they like to go down low to molt in peace so don't give him a lower level to go to.

You know honestly if you made me give you a height I would say gotta be 16inches tall. Gotta be!

Last edited by a moderator:
Molted perfectly this morning! :clap:

there was actually 3 in. of space left below him, so room wasn't a problem.

the main problem was that he changed molting positions in the night. I woke up just as he was molting, so I was able to set up some twigs for the flip. He would have fallen if I hadn't helped him turn around though. he molted right in front of the glass!

everything worked out perfectly and he already has wing patterns. thanx for the help! ^_^

Latest posts