Idolo Nymphs L2 now .. anyone at L3 yet ?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malnra

Reaction score
The ones I received from Yen were and still are at L2 ... was curious if anyone's had molted to L3 yet ?

The ones I received from Yen were and still are at L2 ... was curious if anyone's had molted to L3 yet ?
im still wondering what yours are going to be like with out a lamp..i bet they wont grow as fast as the ones with lamps.just a guees tho. :)

Mine are being kept around 90-100F during the day, so I would imagine they will continue to grow pretty fast. The chart showing conditions from Arusha has an average of something like 80F for every month though, so it may not be necessary for them to be kept so hot.

Last edited by a moderator:
im still wondering what yours are going to be like with out a lamp..i bet they wont grow as fast as the ones with lamps.just a guees tho. :)
i use a floodlight x 2 to keep the temps in the tank up to 93ish with 70% humidity during the day

Mine are at L2 stage still. I'm keeping them at 90F to 100F during the day and 70F to 75F during the night, I'm using a floodlight as well. The humidity is at 80% during the day and a 100% during the night. I have everything on timers for the geckos, so I just hooked you the light to my geckos outlet. I set the timer to mach the day and night times of Colorado.

I have a blog now as well. ;)

Looks like we are all doing well so far.

Thanks again

Mikhail

Mikhails, if you made an entry in your blog, then you need to click "entry options" and "publish" in order for us to all see it. I make that mistake sometimes too, so I thought I would throw it out there. ;)

Thank you Andrew!

That makes since, okay now I have a blog. :)

Mikhails, if you made an entry in your blog, then you need to click "entry options" and "publish" in order for us to all see it. I make that mistake sometimes too, so I thought I would throw it out there. ;)

One of the nymphs terned L3 last night. It looks like the L3 nymph can take blue bottle flies now. This species is going to be bigger than I thought.

Thanks again

Mikhail

I waited until he was done molting to say this .... 1 of mine is now L3 .... the others should follow in the next few days I would think. 1 step closer to an adult ;- )

Thats good news, because all I have at the moment it the blue bottle flies and i'm waiting for them to tern into flies still. I hope they tern to flies soon. I'm trying not to use crickets for any of my mantis from now on. I've had so many deaths from crickets eating the mantis when molting, I just dont want to worry about the food eating my mantis. One less worry.

Thanks again

Mikhail

they can take blue bottles at L2 :D pretty mad

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations my friend, It looks like we are all to a good start of things.

Thanks again

Mikhail

I waited until he was done molting to say this .... 1 of mine is now L3 .... the others should follow in the next few days I would think. 1 step closer to an adult ;- )

Four of mine turned L4 a few days ago, I'm still waiting on the other 5 to turn. One L2 was eaten by a L3 long ago. They feed on gut loaded blatta lateralis exclusively.

Four of mine turned L4 a few days ago, I'm still waiting on the other 5 to turn. One L2 was eaten by a L3 long ago. They feed on gut loaded blatta lateralis exclusively.
do you know when they were born ? also .. did not know they were hunters, thought they just waited for things to fly by them, though i am not going to use roaches for any of my mantis, wife would wig if one got away ;- )

Latest posts