Idolomantis diabolica - New pics september 03

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's such foul weather here nowadays, such it's not much more to do then to stay inside and take pictures...

1312279090_c43a891bc4_o.jpg

1312279048_3e3d057abf_o.jpg

1312279032_d7b6d3d1a4_o.jpg

Very nice pics ... thanks for sharing ... the more i see of these the more i think i want them more than the violin .... however i am not ready to give them a try yet .... Asians are test subject 1 ... hehehe

It started to lose its color? I thought it would gain more color as it molts.

It's blackish at L1 (after moult), and has the pink/purplish color at L2, and at the rest of the instars it has this brownish grasscoloration all the way till it's adult.. and then BOOM :)

amazing work buddie.how did u do them shots with white backgrownd..what flash and is it a home made studio u use? what lighting do u use?

amazing work buddie.how did u do them shots with white backgrownd..what flash and is it a home made studio u use? what lighting do u use?
Thanks - amazing what can be done with only a 1:1 Nikon, and extensiontubes on some of the headshots ;)

The backgrounds differs, as I use both white paper, colored A3 cardboard and even a T-shirt in the background if it has the right color.

As for lighting I use a mix between a extrenal flash with a softbox, triggered wireless, natural lighting and a 200W halogenlamp. All pics is taken in my livingroom :)