idolomantis diabolica

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andy hood

Reaction score
here's a pic of two of my idolomantis diabolica nymphs ( i have 3 but one is a bit sickly :( )
DSCN0336.jpg

there looking like L6? u breeding them..is this your 1st time with them?

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i think there L6 or 7 all 3 have recently moulted, i hope to breed them in the future , mine are female by the look of it, it is also my first time with this species and apart from the sickly one the other two are doing fine :)

i think there all males by the look of it?? the sickly one is still alive it has a bent raptorial arm and leg (i dont no weather it will right itself after its next moult??) and the other two are doing well indeed

sorted..i thought u said there male..?can u post a pic of its face.. :) as close as u can get it...your get a positive id then.

top one looks male.?looks to me like u have a breeding pair.

heres mine

Female

2316358539_cf982f3153_o.jpg

Male

2203878115_f86aa36ed3_b.jpg

Oops, yeah they are male and female (I think). I misread your (andy hood's) post and read that it molted to adult.

Adult idolomantis male antennae are a lot thicker and longer than subadult, so I mistook it for an adult idolomantis female.

ok..yer there both sub adult the pics i posted..thought it might help u andy determine if u have a [air..be good news if u have.. :)

Latest posts